Sunday 1 May 2016

Merry War (Christmas is over)


In a herculean feat of modelling endurance, I have managed to paint the 27 models I received for Christmas in only 4 months!. To celebrate this enormous achievement, I present to you a group shot for your viewing pleasure. 

Models more or less grouped by manufacturer, Perry knights, spearmen and command, Gripping Beast crossbowmen, and crusader spearmen make up the centre.



'Models eye view'

As you are no doubt aware, I have also been doing other things, most notably with modelling putty, even to the extent that I have managed to sculpt some satchels on my slingers, which bear a vague resemblance to what they're supposed to be.  

Slingers with DIY slings ready for undercoating. The right hand chap hasn't turned out very well, so I'll try to keep him towards the back of the unit.

My other exciting news is that one of my housemates possesses BattleTech, the game of big stompy robots. Seeing as Mechwarrior 3 was the first "Grown Up" game I ever possessed, I naturally took to it like a duck to water and have acquired some more 'Mechs to augment the selection in the starter box 

Left: Phoenix Hawk, right: Warhammer 

As you may have guessed, the Warhammer (not to be confused with the Games Workshop one) has had a bit of conversion work done to it, because I wanted to field an earlier mark than those commercially available, I had to bodge something together with what was available. 

Thankfully, this left enough bits to add a missile launcher to the Wasp's left leg (present in the design specs but not, it seems, the sculpt). The model has been rounded out with two antennae made from the spare end of a wire spear. Waste not want not!

Two scout 'Mechs, a Wasp (left) and Stinger (right) with the Phoenix Hawk for scale


No comments:

Post a Comment