Thursday 21 July 2016

Now (partly) Finished


Well, after a long time I've at last finished the basing on the latest batch of Anglo-Normans, plus made progress on the 'Mechs. I leave work for two months tomorrow, so hopefully updates will become more frequent (some hope).

Archers in a variety of postures, featuring the last of the Wargames Factory torsos.



Presented here are the latest batch of Anglo-Normans, featuring the Bad Squiddo female heads, which are brilliant. I plan to add one to the casualty from the medieval archers box, but I seem to have lost the heads somewhere in my piles of stuff. 

Another musician for the knights (PIEBALD HORSEY!)  and Bad Squiddo shieldmaiden. The shield is blue and yellow stripes, the photo showing this turned out rubbish.

Had a brilliant game of BattleTech against Merlin last week (ie I won). Sadly I didn't get any pics from the game, but I suppose that taking photos is something of a jinx for me (see next week's blog...)

Spearpersons. The left-hand shield takes a few liberties in its design, and the right hand chap has a very poorly painted face. Still, 3 feet away in tight formation and you won't tell.

Back to  BattleTech, I've bought another 'Mech, a Champion. It's one of the older designs, which becomes apparent when put it besides the Phoenix Hawk (which in the game has only three quarters of the Champion's weight) and they are the same size.

I could have left the champion thus as a ComStar 'Mech, but decided against it.

The colour scheme I decided on was an arctic scheme that I remember from an old White Dwarf article on Imperial Guard camouflage, which features light blue triangles on a white background with trios of brown dots. I elongated the triangles, changed white to light grey and haven't got round to adding the dots yet. I took the above photo because I was really proud of my white-painting, which required multiple layers after an initial inkwash.

Wasp (left) in (my interpretation of) Eridani Light Horse colours, and the basecoat of the Champion's camouflage triangles.

It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago, and friends and family have been very generous. I will post pics as and when they are painted.

Warhammer looking increasingly desert-like. Now to fill out the weapons and other details.


No comments:

Post a Comment