Thursday 22 September 2016

A Night on Bare-Metal Mountain


This week I moved to a different provincial city because of work, and must suffer much reduced painting space and time for the next four years. I therefore present a sample of my work from the last few months, which you will note contains only four finished figures (and their bases aren't quite done yet either.)

Left: two peasants from Gripping Beast's civilians range. Right, two Games Workshop marauders from the 90's
Notice how I post the nice 'finished' pic first...



I hope you enjoyed those, I will no doubt post a less blurred image after I have varnished them, although living in a flat means that spraying opportunities are now limited. 

Other than that, the selection of models to paint is pretty vast. As well as the rest of the Gripping Beast civvies, I've got some more Games Workshop marauders and Beastmen to do, and a small selection of EM4 plastic miniatures, which are not the most amazing quality, but are so ludicrously cheap I would recommend them to any gamer, especially Orc collectors.  

Left to Right: Modern Games Workshop Beastman with milliput fur replacing some of the skulls; 90's Beastman half-painted, EM4 orc, sci-fi trooper and spaceship.
Now where would my blog be without an example of my latest 31st century obsession. Here are some of the BattleMechs from the Battletech Introductory Box Set which I quite like the job I've done on so far. The models are a bit rubbish for painting, as the paint falls off the plastic at the first opportunity, but I will persevere until I can varnish, at least. 

Left to Right: Grasshopper, Panther, Banshee, Dervish

Of course, no-one actually plays Battletech nowadays, but I'm sure I'll be able to bribe someone into playing with beer and cheap biscuits. Watch this space.


1 comment:

  1. Nice looking figures, one day I might try and create a Battletech style game using Ma.K models.

    ReplyDelete