Wednesday 5 October 2016

Honour the Dragon


Well, the models that I posted as works-in-progress have now been finished, based and varnished. Here they are for your dubious pleasure.

A 'Lance' (squad) of House Kurita Battle'Mechs


As you can see from the main picture, the main highlight of this post of giant and stompy, but I've finally based some Marauders and two peasants, which I think have turned out rather well


The skull is supposed to be carved from the wood of the drumstick, but that's not very clear. I do like the hide effect I did on the drumskin.

As you can see, both of the marauders have dark skin, which adds a bit of variety to the painting process and appeals to my politically correct sensibilities. The wonderful thing about fantasy is that you can make much more diverse or 'cool' armies than ever appeared in history.

Insert Monty Python reference here.

Peasants are in plain cloth colours with a few dabs of dye, to fit with my early medieval chaps. 'Military Uniform' in those days meant whatever clothes you happened to be wearing when the Vikings arrived. Anyway, onto the 'Mechs.

(Left) House Marik Trebuchet (Right) Liao Grasshopper

These two chaps feature numerical insignia on some of their limbs (the Grasshopper's in Chinese) as well as other details, the models look far too bare without them.

Left: Panther Right: Jenner

The House Kurita 'Mechs are enough to form a lance, or 4-'Mech unit of the same faction. The colour scheme is my own invention, although the blue and red on the Jenner, and the yellow and red on the Dragon are part of the original paint scheme over which I have ridden roughshod. 

Left: Dragon, Right: Quickdaw

I learned on the last 'Mech batch that spraying matte varnish over gloss varnish (used on the cockpit glass) stops the gloss varnish shining, so with these I applied the gloss last, which solves the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment