Thursday 29 June 2017

Not Even Justice, I Want to Get Truth!


Today's title comes from Fang of the Sun Dougram, and the link between an influential giant robot anime and toy soldiers will be made clear later in this post. 

Wolverine (left) and Shadow Hawk (right) from Fang of the Sun Dougram, Phoenix Hawk (centre) from Super Dimensional Fortress Macross



Yet again the lure of pretty models on the internet compels me to add to the lead pile. As these models are from the 80s and suspiciously dense, I suspect they may be actual lead. I've decided to avoid brush-licking while I paint in the interest of my own safety.

The reason these models are from the 80's is because lots of the original Battletech 'Mechs were licensed from imported anime (such as Dougram), but the particulars of the arrangement led to  lawsuit in the 90's and the models are no longer produced, so they have to be got from ebay. Ho hum.

More details will be provided when I've got more pictures to frame these walls of text

More works in progress, these are the ones I should be painting...

Following the buildup and excitement of Haven from the Storm It's taken me until Monday this week to pick up a brush. Working my way through the plastic pile will take a very long time...



No comments:

Post a Comment